Toby 9" diameter projector headlamp PAIR - Equivalent to Lucas L150 (LBD150)
An authentic reproduction of the Lucas L150 type headlamp used on a number of British cars in the 1930's and 40's, including those manufactured by Armstrong Siddeley, Austin, Commer, Daimler, Hillman, Lanchester, MG, Morris, Riley, Rover, Singer, SS, Triumph and Wolseley. Supplied as a PAIR of lamps.
We have worked with our specialist suppliers to re-tool these lamps from original Lucas lamp patterns. The bodies are spun in 18 gauge brass, with the reflector and bulb holder assembly, lamp rim and hinged stone guard rim (where fitted) in 20 gauge brass. The ball shell mounting base is lost wax cast in bronze. We finish all components in our workshop before polishing and plating, then final assembly. Lamp and stoneguard rims are chrome plated and shells are either chrome plated or finished with a gloss black powder coat. A polished brass/bronze finish is available by special request. The reflector finish is silver plate as standard. Daisy head screw and rim catch arrangement. We offer a choice of incandescent or LED bulbs. Overall diameter 9", glass aperture 7 7/8", overall depth (excluding lens) 6 1/2". Offered with an upright mounting arrangement and with ball shell mounting base fitted at 35 degrees from upright, to the valance.
The lamp shell is fitted with chrome on brass 'Toby' medallion, as used on our finest period lamp and mirror recreations. 'Toby Mitchell - London NW1' is the mark Vintage Supplies has applied to its authentic reproductions of select CAV and Lucas pattern lamps and mirrors for over 30 years, continuing the manufacture and development of John Mitchell’s high quality 'Toby' branded product range.
These superb lamps are available with a range of options:
- Black or Chrome shell - in line with the original 'Ebony black/chrome rim' or 'All chrome' offer, we manufacture these lamps with a gloss black powder coated shell and chrome rim, or all chrome finish.
- 'Difusa' or Domed and Fluted lens - Diffused glass lenses have a finely textured surface on the inner side of the lens, that makes the beam more uniform, wider and deeper. They stop only a small amount of light compared to plain, clear glass lenses. They give a softer appearance, with light that covers a wider area, noting it does not pentrate as far. Diffused glass lenses were replaced by fluted lenses, which refract a wide angle beam of light while providing good long distance illumination. We also offer a fully fluted 'U' flute design lens for this lamp. Lamps with flat, diffused glass lenses feature an angled return on the rim apperture. Lamps with domed and fluted lenses feature a flat rim.
- Bi-flex bar - This bar, that spans the reflector and obscures the bulb, is cast in bronze then plated. It features a spun and polished aluminium auxiliary reflector on the rear of the bar, to aid long distance illumination. The front centre section houses a polished brass 'Toby' badge, along with BI-FLEX, LONG RANGE wording. Bi-flex bars are only offered with the domed and fluted lens options, so that the centre detail of the bar is visible in the clear section of the lens - so please select domed and fluted lenses from the lens 'drop down' option box if you would like Bi-flex bars.
- Reflector finish - Silvered reflectors as standard, providing the best standard of lighting performance with incandescent bulbs and LEDs.
- Mounting angle - These lamps can be specified with upright mounting or with the ball shell mounting base fitted at 35 degrees from upright, to valance.
- Stoneguards - The lamps are supplied without a stoneguard as standard. We offer a choice of fitted stoneguard options, all hand made in brass with chrome plate finish - our CA800 series flat guards, with 18 gauge spun rims, traditional pattern brackets and polished stainless steel nuts and fixings, or hinged 20 gauge stoneguard rims with hand made hinges and bottom catch fittings. All styles of guard feature 16 swg brass wire mesh (approx. 12mm aperture) soft soldered into the guard rim. The mesh on hinged guards is flat for diffused glass lenses and slightly domed for the fluted lenses.
- Lighting options - The lamps come fitted with our 853 part number BA15D double contact bulb holder, which can slide in and out the socket in the rear of the reflector to aid focussing of the light beam. Please select your desired lighting option: incandescent bulb - 6V 36/36W, 12V 36/36W or 12V 45/35W, or LED light - 6 & 12V Dip & Main with integral lens (diffused glass lens only) or dip/main 6V or 12V LED with shield (any lens and Bi-flex)
Please configure your lamp using the drop down option boxes below. Your selections should produce a final product cost for the pair of lamps, including you chosen options. If you require any assistance then please email or contact us by 'phone.
For further information on the specification and manufacture of Vintage Supplies' reproduction headlamp range, please visit www.tobyvintage.com
While we aim to hold all componentry in stock, these lamps are assembled and finished to order, so please allow at least two weeks for this work prior to despatch, or get in touch for a delivery date for your exact configuration.